While bell peppers may be mild, these bright colored vegetables pack a mean punch of health benefits. In particular, just one cup of bell peppers exceeds the daily recommended values of Vitamin A and C. In addition, this low-calorie ingredient is high in Vitamin E and B6.
Benefits of bell peppers include:
- Boosting the immune system
- Acting as an anti-inflammatory
- Keeping hair and skin looking its best
- Maintaining the nervous system
- Preventing certain chronic diseases, such as cancer or heart disease, thanks to the powerful antioxidant, quercetin
For a tasty, quick snack, bell peppers can be dipped in homemade hummus to maximize vitamin intake!
Featured Meal: Spicy Ginger Steak
The Spicy Ginger Steak Green Bowl offers the powerful benefits of both red and green bell peppers and is packed with shredded kale and arugula, grilled steak, sriracha, and miso sesame ginger dressing.