Arugula, a component of mesclun mix, is an extremely versatile green – it can be incorporated in salads, pasta dishes, as a topping on pizza or a side dish to any meal!
This tangy, leafy green is perfect for weight loss diets since it is super low in calories and is packed with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, and phytochemicals.
Health benefits of arugula:
- Builds strong, healthy bones and lessens the risk of developing osteoporosis
- Helps prevent cancer thanks to phytochemicals
- Strengthens the immune system
- Stimulates energy production and cell metabolism
- Reduces the likelihood of mental defects in newborns when eaten by the mother while pregnant
Arugula has also been known to help lower blood pressure, reduce the amount of oxygen needed during intense exercise, and improve athletic performance!
Featured Meal: Greens and Ancient Grains Grain Bowl
The Greens and Ancient Grains bowl is nestled on a bed of fresh shredded kale and arugula, and topped with warm quinoa, tomatoes, corn, chickpeas, broccoli, shredded white cheddar, and a balsamic vinaigrette, all for just 540 calories!